Re: problem with 'ls | less' shell function

Is there anyone here who can reproduce this problem?

> 2022/10/17 18:17, Thomas Klausner <wiz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I recently noticed a problem in zsh 5.9 (as built from pkgsrc) on
> NetBSD 9.99.100. Since I didn't notice it before it could be related
> to a change in NetBSD (I'm following the latest version),

I can't (and will not be able to) test on NetBSD 9.99.
I tested on NetBSD 9.3, but couldn't reproduce the problem.

> but I've
> been told that the issue can be reproduced on Ubuntu 19.04 and FreeBSD
> 13.1 too;

I also tested on FreeBSD 13.1, but ^Z/fg worked fine.
I don't have Ubuntu-19.04, but any of LTS (18.04/20.04/22.04) works fine.
Does the problem occur every time you suspend a pipeline, or just
occasionally? (I tested only a few times)

I'm testing on virtual machines for which I allocate only two CPU cores.
Usually two cores are enough to reproduce this kind of problems (probably
related with a kind of race conditions), but haven't tested with more cores.

> but not in zsh 5.8.1,

Can you try 'git bisect'?
Or at least checkout some specific commits (the one just before the
suspicious commits) and test them?