Re: UNICODE Private Use Area characters in BUFFER

On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 10:29 AM Roman Perepelitsa
<roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You are right, iswprint(0xE0B0) returns 0.

Interestingly, ${(V)...} et al. don't consult iswprint(), they just
call wcs_nicechar_sel() which only consults WCWIDTH().

Some characters like $'\u21A9' report and occupy a width of 1, but
part of the character overlaps the cell to the right when displayed.

> I think u9_iswprint() should return 1 for Private Use Area characters.

Suggest a patch to Src/wcwidth9.h ?  I'm not sure whether to update
the static wcwidth9() function, or the entries in the lookup tables.