Minimum POSIX standard

What is the minimum POSIX standard modern Zsh code is intended to conform to?  Is development still trying to support systems that don't conform at least to POSIX.1-2001?

I didn't really find an answer in the Development Guide

 I find it hard to believe that modern versions of Zsh are expected to run on 20 year old systems.  Especially since there are un-ifdef uses of snprintf which wasn't standardized in the C library until the C99 spec.

P.S.  The mailing list archives need a better search feature.  I couldn't determine if this question had been asked before:)