Re: preliminary patch for zsh/random module

On Sat, Oct 22, 2022 at 8:44 PM Clinton Bunch <cdb_zsh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It still needs testing on more platforms and additional error-checking
> as well as documentation, but I was hoping for some feedback on the
> general ideas.

Silly nits:
* Typo in the introductory comment.
* Indentation is funny, it looks like you may have used tab width
other than 8 characters, which is the standard for zsh C code.  (Or
just never use tabs to indent.)
* There should be spaces on either side of assignment "=" signs.  You
haven't been consistent.

Aside to -workers:  It's probably time to remove Zoltan's name from
the copyright notices ... or more likely, to specify that the authors
of new files should replace his name with their own name there.

Actual question:  What's the use case for returning or printing a
block of random bytes?  Why does this need to be a builtin?

Suggestion:  Treat SRANDOM like SECONDS, in that you can change the
type from integer to floating-point.  Then maybe the zrandom() math
function isn't needed?