Re: There seems to be a problem with the test harness on Solaris 11.4

On 11/6/2022 12:28 PM, Clinton Bunch wrote:
On 11/6/2022 12:12 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 8:56 AM Clinton Bunch <cdb_zsh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
./A01grammar.ztst: starting.
diff: illegal option -- a
For GNU diff, -a means to forcibly compare files even if they seem to
contain non-text bytes.  What's the corresponding Solaris option (and
rhetorically, why the heck did they drop -a)?

A look at the man page for diff doesn't show anything similar. It doesn't look like it wasn't in the diff for Solaris 10.  I even check Solaris 7 and there wasn't an equivalent option that I could find.

A look at the HP-UX man page shows a similar lack.  But it looks like Solaris 11.4 at least also has GNU diff as gdiff.