Re: [BUG REPORT] Nonsensical behavior in response to Tab key

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 7:21 AM Peter Stephenson

> > 1) I am inside a directory that contains the following two directories:
> >
> >     AddonsLab_LinkBack
> >     AddonsLab_LinkChecker
> >
> > 1) It partially autocompletes to "cd AddonsLab_Linkc" ending with a
> > lowercase "c". That makes no sense whatsoever.

It's telling you that there is both AddonsLab_LinkBa[c]k and
AddonsLab_LinkChe[c]ker

> That's certainly screwy, but you're not getting basic zsh behaviour here,
> and I'm not going to try to speculate what is happening.

It's got something to do with the matcher-list and ambiguous style
settings, I think, but I can't figure out what from a blackbox.  It
might also have to do with what subdirectories are present inside each
of those.