Re: Bug: Callback to widget set with `zle -Fw <widget>` shouldn't change $LASTWIDGET

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 7:08 AM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Currently, when the ZLE calls a widget set with `zle -Fw <widget>`,
> this changes the value of $LASTWIDGET.

Hrm, normally (running "zle WIDGET ..." explicitly) this would be
skipped (unless "zle WIDGET -w ...").  Too bad -w was overloaded in
this way.  It's not technically overloading because it's used in
different contexts, but mnemonically at least it could be confusing
that "zle -Fw FD WIDGET" and "zle WIDGET -w" would seem to have
inverted meanings of -w if we were to change the default behavior of
-F.

Of course it's also "-Fw" as a single "option", not "-F -w", so we
can't even do something like "zle -F +w" to indicate the desired
behavior.