Re: PATCH: use escape sequence for system clipboard

On 10 Nov, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Something that pushes the appropriate values into CUTBUFFER and/or killring ?

The escape sequence is for setting the system clipboard, not for reading
it, so I'd imagine it'd be more useful to extract values from
CUTBUFFER/killring than insert into them.

Checking emacs documentation, I find: "Under X, whenever the region is
active (see The Mark and the Region), the text in the region is saved in
the primary selection."
I can see this being useful but generating the escape sequence for every
region change may not be a good idea. I'll leave that to emacs mode
users to decide. It can be implemented from zle-line-pre-redraw using
the vi- widgets my patch adds.

Oliver