Re: zsh does not offer ssh host from config

On Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 2:07 AM Jan Palus <jpalus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a single real hostname starting with 'build' prefix which is present
> in my known_hosts file. I also have a couple Host specifications in ssh config
> file having names starting with 'build' but real HostName does not resolve to
> name starting with 'build'. When doing `ssh build<tab>` I'd expect to be
> offered both real hostname as well as Host specification names, however only
> real hostname is immediately completed.

If you only ever ssh to hosts listed in the ssh config, you can
configure ssh completions to respect that:

    zstyle ':completion:*:(ssh|scp):*:hosts' hosts

Listing all remote machines in the ssh config has other advantages
besides making completions more predictable.

Roman.