Re: colors_plus

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 9:05 AM Jim <linux.tech.guy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyway I was hoping that some on this list would run the function and give  me
> feedback on what you think of the output. It has several defaults so autoloading
> the function and then typing the function's name will give you 8 lines of output.
> The 8 colors match those used in the colors function.

There was a post-5.9 patch to the colors function to extend it to 16
colors (workers/50212).  The additional 8 may not work on the console,
I haven't checked.

You might add the named set you're creating to the hash tables
initialized by colors, and bypass re-creating your new names if
they're already there.

I also suggest anyplace where you're doing something like
  var=...$(print -r ${(%)x})...
it would be preferable to do
  print -r -v var ...${(%)x}...
to avoid the command substitution.

This function will be directly affected by Oliver's repairs in 51258,
51272, 51280, 51281, 51289, 51320, 51383 and maybe others, so you
might want to grab and build the latest sources from sourceforge git.

No other immediate commentary.