Re: --init-file option

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 12:59 PM Kalmár Gergely <kgregory89@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I could do something similar as what zshi does, but that seems like a suboptimal solution, because it would require a duplication (and indefinite maintenance) of the startup file processing logic in an independent codebase.

I don't follow that at all.  You're keeping the file for --init-file
somewhere now (I presume), so why would pointing ZDOTDIR at it require
a new codebase?

Anyway "bash --init-file" replaces (both global and user) bashrc
rather than run the file after them, which doesn't match what you
originally asked for.  Does it  in fact do what you want?

Does your file need to create internal variables or functions, or is
it just populating the environment?