Re: Documentation of the TIMEFMT variable

Jun T wrote:
> If ru_maxrss is in KB in all OSes other than macOS, then we can just
> check $host_os in configure and set a macro in config.h indicating
> that ru_maxrss need be divided by 1024.

If there's no way to detect the correct units directly then falling back
on an OS check would work.

Stephane did do some work on refactoring limits code that never got
fully finished and merged a couple of years ago.

> But in manpage for Solaris:

> Is there anyone who can confirm that ru_maxrss is set to zero?
> If it is always zero, then we need not bother with page to KB conversion.

It does appear to always be zero. The ksh93 ulimit that acts as /bin/sh
on Solaris 11 prints:
  max memory size (Kibytes)      (-m)  not supported

There's no -m option at all for the ulimit on Solaris 10.

Oliver