Re: Probabilistic crash on zsh 5.9 on x86_64

> On 13/04/2023 15:03 Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 13/04/2023 14:19 Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ...not trivial...
> > ...hard to know...
> >
> > ...Unfortunately...
> > ...more complicated than that...
> > ...isn't trivial...
>
> Have a look at this --- it simply marks the prog in the shell function as
> in use earlier and unmarks it later, so the shenanigans within to do
> with traps all come out in the wash.  So, in theory, there's not much
> to go wrong.  But let me know...

One note (the only caveat that springs to mind, but probably worth mentioning)
is that if a function is freed explicitly or implicitly inside the hierarchy
that handles it, we don't actually gain the memory back until a bit later
than previously.  I think this would happen with the placeholder structure
for an autoloadable shell function, for example.  Hopefully that's not a
big deal, but unless I mention it someone's sure to come up with a case
where it is...

pws