Re: [BUG] sigsegv

> On 25/04/2023 14:48 Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have to say that current HEAD has many sigsegv errors, at least twp.
> The reported in this email is an older problem with alt-/ history
> complete, I've had it also with 5.8. I'm still waiting for the 5.9
> only problem to occur, it's quite random and hard to reproduce.
> To trigger the error, press alt-/ some times.
>
> #0  0x0000000000457868 in insertlinknode (list=list@entry=0x7ffff7abe368,
>     node=0x7ffff55600d8, dat=0x7ffff556e8f0) at linklist.c:137
> #1  0x00007ffff7bed6bf in histwgetfn (pm=<optimized out>) at parameter.c:1241

The linked list management itself looks fairly harmless, but I wonder if there's
something in the immediately surrounding code that could be fishy and messing
up memory?

	for (iw = he->nwords - 1; iw >= 0; iw--) {
	    h = he->node.nam + he->words[iw * 2];
	    e = he->node.nam + he->words[iw * 2 + 1];
	    sav = *e;
	    addlinknode(l, dupstring(h));
	    *e = sav;
	}

Some testing of strlen(he->node.nam) might not come amiss?

Of course this is total guesswork.

pws