Re: Patch 1/3: Fix prefix insertion logic

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 3:38 PM Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would recommend to configure `git sendemail` as sending patches to
> any mailing list becomes much easier.

This requires a recent enough version of git (2.25 bundled with Ubuntu
20.04 doesn't have it, for example) and either a sendmail-like command
or the ability to configure an SMTP server connection.

> But again, that's my personal recommendation, I don't know if there's
> any zsh guideline.

If you can do the above git stuff, great.  If instead you must rely on
putting the diffs through an email client:
1) If the lines won't be wrapped or converted to HTML or otherwise
re-padded, copy directly into the email body.
2) Otherwise, attach as type text/plain (force ".txt" extension if
necessary).  Please NOT as ".diff" or ".patch" or text/x-something.