Re: stdbuf -o0 -i0 via a Zsh native interface?

On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 2:30 AM Roman Perepelitsa
<roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This won't work reliably. E.g., it may not work on binaries that are
> linked against a different libc.

Exactly, hence my suggestion of a mechanism for prefixing external
commands with the name of a local "helper" that would work with the
current platform's libraries/linker.  There's already a fork happening
so it doesn't seem worthwhile to try to build that functionality into
the shell itself.

> A more reliable solution for your
> problem is something like `unbuffer` from `expect`. This tool creates
> a TTY

Indeed, using unbuffer as the prefix command could be a fallback for
cases where there is no stdbuf equivalent.