Re: Failed pipeline doesn't err_exit/return if complex command last

On Thu, Jul 6, 2023 at 2:44 AM Peter Stephenson

> The final part of the pipeline is run in the current shell, so the
> job control is a bit fiddly.  It looks like the relevant code,
> including the function storepipestats(), is run too late in this
> case.

Possibly relevant, I'm getting random failures of the expected output
status for E01 "Was testing: PIPE_FAIL option" on MacOS Catalina.  The
test line
  true | false | true
sometimes returns 147 instead of 1.