Re: Pattern bug on (a*|)~^(*b)

Le 01/08/2023 à 15:30, Peter Stephenson a écrit :
On 01/08/2023 14:19 Johan Grande <nahoj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So I'm thinking I could filter for user-provided patterns that contain
'|' and don't put them in the mega-pattern but filter for them
post-globbing. Does that sound like a sound solution to you?

Yes, I think that would be OK.  [...]

Actually, an AND can be expressed as a combination of ORs and NOTs. So I can build patterns such as

^(^(pat1)|^(pat2))

and never introduce ~. (With pat1 and pat2 arbitrary.) Basis tests show it working. Can you see any issue I might run into if I implement my queries like this?

--
Johan