Unicode ZWJ sequence

Hi,

I'm new to this newsletter, I don't know if I'm reporting this issue correctly. All I found is this email address.

TL;DR: zsh is not handling Unicode ZWJ (Zero Width Joiner) sequence.

"👩‍❤️‍👨" (that will probably not render here) is a Unicode grapheme composed of multiple code points (U+1f469 U+200d U+2764 U+fe0f U+200d U+1f468). It's basically combining some emojis together to craft a more complex one. For that the Zero Width Joiner ‍(U+200D) and the Variation Selector-16 (U+FE0F) are used. But instead of displaying one grapheme, zsh is displaying each individual code point.

As you can see below the terminal emulator named foot is capable of displaying such a grapheme, and other command line shell like bash or fish are capable of it too, only zsh can't.

Using zsh 5.9.

Is this problem already known?

Regards,

--