Re: Why does zsh clear to end-of-screen after prompt?

[ moved to -workers ]
On 9 Sep, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> How about this, then?  I'd completely forgotten about "zle -T" ...
>
> no_clr_eos () {
>   emulate -L zsh
>   if [[ $1 == cd ]]
>   then
>     REPLY=""
>   elif [[ -n $2 ]]
>   then
>     REPLY=$(echotc "$@")
>   else
>     REPLY=$termcap[$1]
>   fi
> }

The last 6 lines just restore what would be the default behaviour,
right?

Wouldn't it perhaps be helpful if there was an explicit way to fallback
to the default such as by returning an error status. The feature is
mostly only used by the test suite to my knowledge. I think I once used
the feature to send the parameters to a separate terminal for debug
purposes and could have done with it also keeping the defaults for that
use-case too.

Oliver