Re: github PR to "Add command to improve robustness"

On Wed, Sep 20, 2023, 10:20 AM Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I would guess that the cause of the "bug" is function wrappers being
defined which wrap ifconfig and ip to apply colouring to their output.

Any ideas?

If _call_program runs in a subshell, it could start with

unfunction -m '*'

That might be a bit violent, though.  Maybe a zstyle listing functions to ignore?

Or should we just tell them to test something like [[ -t 1 ]] if they
insist on writing wrappers for system utilities that add colour.

That would certainly be best practice.