Re: Test "failure" on multibyte conversions

> 2023/09/24 0:52、Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> 5.4.0-162-generic #179-Ubuntu
> zsh-5.9-271-ge4e9afe
>
> ./D04parameter.ztst: starting.
> Test ./D04parameter.ztst failed: bad status 0, expected 1 from:
>  : ${(#X):-0x80}
> Was testing: ${(#X)...}: out-of-range character

I can't reproduce this error (with zsh-5.9-271-ge4e9afe) on
  5.15.0-75-generic #82~20.04.1-Ubuntu
or
  6.2.0-33-generic #33~22.04.1-Ubuntu.

I guess wctomb() behaves differently on your Ubuntu. What do
you get by running the following C code? On my Ubuntu I get -1.

# On my Mac I get 1, but wctomb() is not used on macOS since
# __STDC_ISO_10646__ is not defined.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <locale.h>
#include <stdlib.h>