Extending zsh hooks

I discovered add-zsh-hook not too long ago and I've made some good use of
it, but I have a similar application for a new kind of hook. I'd like to
modify the add-zsh-hook implementation to allow custom named hooks with a
flag, e.g. add-zsh-hook -f myhook myfunc.

While I've found https://sourceforge.net/p/zsh/code/ci/master/tree/ I am a
lot more familiar with contributing to FLOSS on GitHub by forking and a PR.
Does it work the same way on SourceForge? (Also, my SourceForge account
seems to have gone away, maybe because I haven't used it in over a decade,
but I can make a new one.)

--Gregory