Re: `time` doesn't say seconds

Sorry if I'm missing some vital context (I here am new), but if the goal is to include the "s" units in the default output of time, that's just a matter of changing `%*E` to `%E` in the default value of TIMEFMT, right?

On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 10:36 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 1:25 AM Peter Stephenson

> I don't know if anyone is likely to be automatically matching the
> current format?  Given the variability of this element presumably not.

The doc should be updated, though.  It specifies the default without
the "s".  Your patch also alters the definition of %*E in the value of
TIMEFMT.

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@xxxxxxxxx>