Re: Prompt ending with a "\n"

>But there's another bug: when a prompt ends with a newline, a space
>is always displayed after this newline. Is it also a known bug?

When I revised the prompt code recently I queried this.  It seems to be
intentional.  A space is added to the end of a prompt if it ends one
column before the edge of the screen to avoid trouble on some
terminals, though I'm not aware of any where this is a problem.  A
space is also added if the prompt takes up an integral number of rows,
possibly to avoid trouble with automatic margins?  It could be safely
disabled in the case of an explicit newline being used.

-zefram