Re: Zsh as /bin/sh on Linux?

Quoted from Christopher White's message dated January 18:
>I use zsh as the root login on both Linux, SunOS, and Solaris.  I haven't run
>into any problems that I can trace directly to zsh.  Sun once complained that
>what I was doing was "non-standard," but since we've seen no side-effects, no
>one seemed to care.

I have zsh as root's login shell on SunOS, but I've linked a static
binary for that and placed it in /sbin, just in case the shared libs go
screwy on me.

zsh as sh seems a bit big...

pilvi ~ $ uname -a; ll =sh =zsh /sbin/zsh
SunOS pilvi 4.1.1 14 sun3
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root     staff      401408 Dec 15 15:24 /sbin/zsh*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root     staff       73728 Dec  5 22:53 /usr/bin/sh*
-rwxr-xr-x  2 jari     wheel      327680 Dec 31 18:03 /usr/local/bin/zsh*

Jari Kokko