Simple Question.....I think?

Hello all!

(If you have any flames to send, please send them to my personal
mailbox ----> /dev/null.  Thanks!)

Now, I am unsuccessfull in trying to 'cd' to a particular
directory...Yes, I am running the zsh shell.  Version 3.0.0.
I am not sure if this is a shell specific problem...if its not then
just let me know what this problem may be related to...

Allow me to show you the instances I have come accross thus far:

dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~%
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~% echo $SHELL
/bin/zsh
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~%
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~% ls -dl down*
drwx------   2 domenick sysop        1024 Sep  7 19:00 download/
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~%
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~% cd down*
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~/download%
                                          ^^^^^^^^^
                                      as you can see no
                                      problem here.

dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~/download% cd
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~%
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~% ls -dl /usr1/src/zsh*
drwxrwxr-x   9 root     sysop        1024 Oct 15 16:21 /usr1/src/zsh-3.0.0/
-rw-------   1 root     root         2637 Oct 15 15:48 /usr1/src/zsh-3.0.0.log
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~%
dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~% cd /usr1/src/zsh*
cd: string not in pwd: /usr1/src/zsh-3.0.0
What does this mean???  Should I be able to successfully cd to
'...zsh-3.0.0' the way other shells, like the bash shell at least,
could??  If so, what option/variable/flag/etc needs to be set??

dpdhost:ttyp2:domenick:~%

Thanks for your help!

Dom

PS:  Yes I am actively searching through the zsh documentation for
answers!!!!!!!!