Re: man pages missing

jae (Juergen Erhard) claimed on Wed, Feb 26, 1997 at 07:51:53PM +0100 Feb 26:

>     > Disadvantages: doesn't work on text-only systems (how many of these are
>     >      still around (one shouldn't cripple the on-line help because of a lack of
>     >      X-windows); paging thru the pages and lines is not obvious

*I* still use a "text-only" system.  Almost everyday I use the
a DEC vt220.  A bit slow because it only does 9600bps reliably, but
still useful.  At the University Computer Club, UWA, we've got about
seven in the clubroom.  Do they get used?  its often tough to find
one free...

someone's donating a couple of DEC vt320's to us in the next couple
of days.  I'm hoping they handle 19200 acceptably. (vt220's handle
it, but every n'th character gets corrupted.)

anyway, I'm sure there are millions of people just like us living
off the donated equipment of the more fortunate.

BTW, if anyone wants to donate an old SMD controller, we have a
Sun 3/280 in need :)

,dunc

--
Duncan Sargeant, keraunothnetophobic.   WWW: http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/~dunc/
Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didnt, but if he was sane