Re: selection highlight

Scott RoLanD <shr@xxxxxx> writes:

> I am using zsh 3.0.0 with gjb's patch for colored tab-completion
> (thanks gjb!!!) on Solaris using emacs keys...

You're welcome.  Glad you like it.  In case anyone else is looking for
this, it's at the patches link off my home page.

http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gjb

> Playing around with xemacs -nw the other day, I realized that I would
> like the same selection highlight that it provides in zsh.
>
> So, what I want is, when I am editing a command line and hit
> control-space to start a selection, as I move around I would like the
> selection to be highlighted in reverse-screen.
>
> Has anyone looked in to this? Anyone want to tackle it, or point me in
> the right direction?

I don't know of any patches that do this, but ZLE (the zsh line editor)
could probably be improved to support the feature without too much
work.   Check out the Src/zle_*.c files.

Greg J. Badros
gjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seattle, WA  USA
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gjb