Re: Ignoring ~ when expanding scripts

Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> I just downloaded version 3.1.0 of zsh and am trying to set up the
> startup files.

Do not use zsh-3.1.0.  It is a beta release.  It is probably confusing that
it does not have beta in its name, so I just removed this file from the ftp
archive.  Zsh-3.0.3 (stable) and zsh-3.1.2 (beta) will be out in about a
week, test releases are already available.

> How can I make zsh ignore executables that end in ~ when doing
> command completion? This is different from fignore where you want to
> ignore parameters to the command.

As far as I know, there is no simple way to do that.  A hackish solution
would be executing hash -f; unhash -m '*~' each time you change the $PATH.
Unfortunately hash -f can be quite slow, but you can probably live with it
since it is done anyway the first time you try to complete a command.

Zoltan