Re: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating

On Dec 3,  6:11pm, Stephen Marley wrote:
> Subject: Re: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
>
> BTW. Since changing my invocation method to sleep after zsh terminates,
> I still don't have time to read the message.

The xterm disappears in spite of the sleep?

> Perhaps, the problem is with the XFree86 xterm-53 I use rather than
> the zsh.

That could be it.  Try this:

    xterm -e zsh -c "tty ; sleep 10000" &

This should give you an xterm showing the name of its tty device.  Assume
for purposes of this example that it's /dev/ttyp2.  Now run this:

    zsh -l < /dev/ttyp2 >& /dev/ttyp2

That may break a few things (such as "less") because /dev/tty might still
be the terminal from which you run "zsh -l", but everything else should be
OK.  Now you can try to get zsh to exit, and the error message ought to
show up in one terminal or the other.

"sleep 10000" is about 2 hours 45 minutes; you might need a bigger number.