Re: completion control for "man" command

Quoting Thomas Köhler (jean-luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):
> I use the following for man completion. It uses a file ~/tmp/_man_ which
> stores the filenames in question. If you don't like your loginshell to
> wait for the creation of the file every now and then (I use 14 days)
> because it creates the _man_-file, just make a cronjob out of this...

Well, I wouldn't want my completion control to rely on the existence of a file
in /tmp - after all everybody at our site is allowed to delete files in /tmp.
:-/  Besides, I wouldn't want to set up a cron job for this, either.

Now, if I can get our sysadmin (hi, Stucki) to create a little database
on man pages (with a cronjob or whatever) - that's fine. And, yes, I do
believe this job can be done with the help of awk, sed, and perl.  ;-)

But aren't we discussing the zsh here?  Shouldn't there be a way to do
the job with the zsh alone?   I'd rather see an elegant solution with
a few commands within the zsh than a perfomant database solution with
SAP's R/3 using a Alpha with 4G RAM.  ;-)

Also, I wouldn't mind some more examples in the zsh manuals...

Sven  [who promises to add all his zsh examples to his zsh page SOON]