RE: zsh for win32 - installation of zshrc

> ----------

it's actually fixable by just renaming all your foo.exes to foo :-)
i thought it would be a waste of time for the shell to try all possible
extensions (.exe, .com, .bat, .cmd) for each command, so i didn't bother
to fix this.

> "setopt winnt_ignore_case winnt_lame_path_fix" seems to be a pretty good
> idea.  I'm not sure exactly when "winnt_convert_backslash" is important.

you probaby need it in cases where you are deriving paths from other DOS
style paths.
For example,  HOMDRIVE=F:,  and HOMEPATH=\
so, if  FOO=$HOMEDRIVE$HOMEPATH,  then FOO is set
to F:\.

this will confuse the shell no end (all paths MUST be '/'-delimited)
if you set winntconvertbackslash, the theory is that the shell converts
'\' to '/' when matching paths.

in tcsh i could just do

set bar=$var:s#\\#/#:ah

to convert '\' to '/' before
assignment, but I was told there was no simple way in zsh to do the
same.