Re: Updating the Xterm title with every execution?

Greg Badros wrote:

> Though why can't
> executing a setopt load a module (as invoking a function loads that
> function)?

The problem is that the option code currently uses an array with one
entry per option, making testing for set/unset options nicely small
and fast. Enhancing that is not trivial.

Side note: once we have modules autoloadable on parameters, this might
be another argument for mocing towards a associative-array based
option system.

> Similarly, I've wanted this for completion controls, too --
> scanning all my completion stuff takes forever at startup-- it'd be nice
> to have them autoloaded when I first try to complete (ignorance warning:
> I've not been following the 3.1.x discussion on completion stuff so
> maybe people are working on this or something similar).

Well, the new completion system (more precisely: the example
implementation of the new completion system) uses autoloaded functions.

Bye
 Sven