Sorry, left out an important detail >> Re: need completion help....

OK, here's what I have:

function asubfiles ()
{
    reply=( $(/bin/ls $asub |\
                egrep -v "README*|files.html|index") )
}

compctl -K asubfiles  'S[-]' -- mva

but the problem is that I want to use the command like this:

mva [tab here to get files in $asub] ../[tab here to get list of directories
	in parent directory, which will always be the contents of the
	folder $new]

my completion attempt above gives me the 1st part, tab here to get files in
$asub, but doesn't give me the ability to tab for directories.

That's what I need help with.

Sorry for being unclear.

TjL