Match on range

For the completion of playcd, I want to match any number of a range
created like this:
   1-`cd-discid /dev/cdrom | cut -f2 -d' '`
but I can't get compctl to recognize it as a range.  Can it even
-do- ranges?

Closest I've got is this:
   compctl -k "(1-`cd-discid /dev/cdrom | cut -f2 -d' '`)" playcd
but that just matches on an array with one member, being "1-18" or
whatever.  Not a range.

Any ideas?

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/