Re: Complete Filenames With Spaces...

Rafael Garcia <rgarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 	Hi, first time writing to the list (just subscribed)...
>
> 	I would like to know if there is *any* way to make zsh complete
> filenames that include spaces; that is, after a first completion up to a
> "with-spaces" point pressing <tab> completes nothing, while pressing <tab>
> if no spaces were in the previuos completion works perfectly.
>
> 	Thanks.

The problem is that a space is an argument separator. What you suggest
is the Bad Way(tm). The Good Way(tm) is to isolate the space with a
backslash (as in a\ <TAB> which gives the expected result, a\ file) or
to use double quotes or single quotes ("a <TAB>, 'a <TAB>).

--
fg

# rm *;o
o: command not found