Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Renaming multiple files (OT)
- X-seq: zsh-users 2889
- From: Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Renaming multiple files (OT)
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:39:05 +0100
- In-reply-to: <20000118094134.C1477@xxxxxxxx>; from andrei@xxxxxxxx on Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 09:41:34AM -0600
- Mail-followup-to: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20000115105248.E868@xxxxxxxx> <20000116041103.A1818@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20000116163112.A29827@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20000118164029.A27035@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <20000118094134.C1477@xxxxxxxx>
[Sorry, a little off topic]
> What is mmv?
It's a free tool from Usenet and can be called as
mmv, mcp, mad or mln
I installed it as a Debian Package. You can get it (and the source) from
And here's the README, or better Copyright:
This is the Debian GNU/Linux prepackaged version of mmv.
This package was put together by Michael Meskes <meskes@xxxxxxxxxx>,
from sources obtained from USENET.
Copyright (c) 1989 Vladimir Lanin
Mmv is freeware. That means that the entire package of software and
documentation is copyrighted, and may not be distributed with any
modifications or for any charge (without the author's explicit written
permission). Other than that, it may be used and distributed freely.
330 Wadsworth Ave, Apt 6F
New York, NY 10040
However, Vladimir told me:
This message is to serve as an announcement that I am changing the
copyright of mmv to GPL.
If this message is in any way insufficient to do so, please tell me what
I have to do. Please keep in mind that I do not have in hand either the
full GPL text or the source code of the last mmv release (oops).
If there is any other way that I can help out, please tell me.
Thanks to Joost for getting into touch with him.
Hope that helps,
E-Mail: Andy@xxxxxxxxx URL: http://andy.spiegl.de
PGP/GPG: see headers
o _ _ _
--------- __o __o /\_ _ \\o (_)\__/o (_)
------- _`\<,_ _`\<,_ _>(_) (_)/<_ \_| \ _|/' \/
------ (_)/ (_) (_)/ (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)' _\o_
that the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.
Messages sorted by: