2 questions

I'm trying to get a couple of things to work.  Unfortunatly, I'm pretty
sure both are simple... :(.  I just can't figure it out.

1)  I'm trying to do a simple string match in an if statement, akin to how
one is done in a case statement.  Something like...:

case $var in
   patern1* ) ;;
   patern2* ) ;;
esac

if [[ "$var" in "patern1*" ]]; then
fi

I could do this in a case statement, but when you just have one if
condition...

2) I'm playing with dev-22, and trying to get things to work nice.
Currently, across all completion, should I hit <tab>, all matches are
printed onto the command line.  Aka:

->ls
bin/             newcomplete.ps   pc@              prompt
file             nsmail/          programs/

->ls p<tab>

->ls pc programs prompt
pc@        prompt

programs:
bind/      gtar/      netscape/  vim/
gnu/       ncftp/     ssh/       zsh/

->ta<tab>

->ta tabs tail talk talkback tapes tapetool tar targs

->cd programs/g<tab>

->cd programs/gnu programs/gtar/

This is not exactly what I want.  I'd rather have menu complete when it's
non unique, defaulting to the first option, and allowing tab'ing or
arrowing through the list.  New completion setup is as follows:

# The following lines were added by compinstall
autoload -U compinit
compinit
[[ -z $fpath[(r)$_compdir] ]] && fpath=($fpath $_1ompdir)

zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete _correct _approximate
zstyle ':completion:*' completions 1
zstyle ':completion:*' glob 0
zstyle ':completion:*' ignore-parents parent pwd
zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list '' 'r:|[._-]=* r:|=*' 'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z}'
zstyle ':completion:*' max-errors 1
zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=200
zstyle ':completion:*' squeeze-slashes true
zstyle ':completion:*' substitute 0
zstyle ':completion:*' use-compctl false
zstyle ':completion:*' verbose false
# End of lines added by compinstall

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  If you need any more info,
please let me know.

Jason

--
Faith is not a matter of questions.      Jason Price
Faith is a matter of answers.            jprice@xxxxxxxxxx