Re: completion for GNU color ls, anyone?

Matthias Kopfermann wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 12:55:39PM +0200, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> > But seriously, we already have completion functions for GNU commands
> > and if people write new ones and send them to us they will be reviewed
> > and shipped with future versions.
>  i know and i am quite happy with many completions. And don't get
>  me wrong. I am trying to learn how to do them myself. Perhaps i
>  should send my versions and ask questions to understand the
>  completion system better. But i am feeling like a Silliest
>  Possible User already :)

Don't. Every question (if it can be answered ;-) helps you and us (to
learn where people have problems).

> > The same for non-GNU commands,
> > obviously.
> I hope so, too.
> > So, if anyone has anything interesting...
> And what about the ability to have a special site for fg. Linux.
> Would that make some sense? I mean i guess that many people would
> love a site like that. And that should not be the goal of a
> ZSH-distribution to ship with as many completions for Linux as
> possible. So perhaps a site dedicated would be cool.
> The gurus could then judge what should be included with ZSH
> itself. Just an idea for discussion.

Look at the contents of the Completion directory. We already have
dedicated sub-directories for some systems (AIX, Bsd, Debian, Linux).
And there'll be a big overhaul of the directory structure before the
release of 4.0 so that it should be easier for users to select those
directories they need/want. Hopefully.

Bye
 Sven