Re: Completions under NT / cygwin

--- Vin Shelton <acs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At work I have built zsh from the latest CVS sources using the cygwin
> toolkit.  When I use the new completion system, I can not complete
> fully-qualified filenames, be they of the form
> "/cygdrive/d/views/..."

An alternative to Andrej's suggestion which I have used is to use
something like:

for drive in a b c d k p r; hash -d $drive=/cygdrive/$drive

in .zshrc. Then you can refer to other drives with, for example ~c/
Completion after that works fine (unless it requires something else in
my setup).

For some reason if you omit the hash -d and just set the variable, i.e.
for d in a b c; $d=/cygdrive/$d
I get error messages like this:
/home/administrator/.zshrc:48: no such file or directory: r=/cygdrive/r
Note that this is a fairly old version of zsh so this might be fixed by
now - I only rarely use cygwin.

Oliver