Re: prompt weirdness

On Mar 20,  2:59pm, Jeff Shipman wrote:
} Subject: prompt weirdness
}
} PROMPT="%n@%m:%B%30<...<%~%b%(!.#.>) "
}
} su() { ZDOTDIR=/u/jeff command su "$@" -c zsh }
}
} I am not seeing the # at the end. Instead, I
} get only a single space after my home directory.
}
} Why is this happening?

Only one possibility comes to mind:  The "zsh" found when su does its
path search is not the one you expect.  If, for example, /bin/zsh is
a 3.0.x version, and that's what "su -c zsh" finds and executes, then
you'd get exactly the behavior you describe, because 3.0.x doesn't have
the %(!...) test.