Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zsh-3.0.8 on SunOS 5.8 in home dir with terminfo
- X-seq: zsh-users 3721
- From: Sven Guckes <guckes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: zsh-3.0.8 on SunOS 5.8 in home dir with terminfo
- Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:39:40 +0100
- In-reply-to: <1010321085453.ZM16759@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 08:54:53AM +0000
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.31.0103191139150.4657-100000@neptune> <1010321085453.ZM16759@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [010321 08:55]:
> On Mar 19, 11:41am, Jeff Shipman wrote:
> } Subject: cannot find termcap info for xterm-color
> } /u/jeff/.zshrc: can't find termcap info for xterm-color 
> } so how can I get zsh to find it and use it?
> First, try using TERM=color_xterm instead, and see if that doesn't fix
> you up. Sometimes /etc/termcap has color_xterm but not xterm-color.
> Then, if that works, try to find out why zsh is
> using termcap when it ought to be using terminfo.
> Did you build zsh yourself, or was it installed by a sysadmin?
> (The error message you quoted always says "termcap" when it
> can't find a terminal definition, even when using terminfo.)
Same problem here:
(I guess I'm luky here..)
zsh: can't find termcap info for color_xterm
zsh: can't find termcap info for rxvt
How to make zsh use TERMINFO (on SunOS 5.8)?
Directory /usr/share/lib/terminfo exists
but apparently has NO entry for rxvt.
Mind you, this system has just been installed
and is missing a compiler, an up-to-date vim,
and an up-to-date zsh. *sigh*
So my goal is to install an up-todate zsh in ~/bin
(which I exec from my /bin/csh login - dont ask)
and then getting it to work with my ~/.terminfo.
Sven [on his quest for a working setup on SunOS]
Sven Guckes guckes-zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | user: zsh-3.0.8 
ZSH HomePage: http://www.zsh.org | development: zsh-3.1.9 
ZSH Pages: http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/zsh/ Tips and tricks
ZSH Tips: http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/zsh/tips.html
Messages sorted by: