Re: compctl -y problem.

>On May 24, 11:44am, Cesar Crusius wrote:
>} Subject: compctl -y problem.
>}
>} When I press <Tab> after aecd, the table shows as
>} expected, but the cursor does not return to where it should. It goes
>} to one line below where I originally typed <Tab>.
>}
>} Any clues?
>
>Which version number of zsh are you using?

zsh --version gives

3.1.9-dev-6

It also happends independently of the terminal (console, rxvt, xterm),
so the problem's not there too.

>Do any of the lines in the output, particlarly the last line, contain
>exactly the same number of characters as the width of the terminal?

No... Here's a quick test that also fails:

function tests {
  test_desc="asdasd
asdasdas
asdasd"
  reply=(`ls`);
}
compctl -K tests -y '$test_desc' testa

When I try to complete 'testa' I get the same behavior.

--
Cesar Augusto Rorato Crusius                   o      _     _         _
Stanford University                   __o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)

He who sacrifices functionality for ease of use
Loses both and deserves neither