Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Completion or.. expansion..
- X-seq: zsh-users 4049
- From: Andrew Markebo <flognat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Completion or.. expansion..
- Date: 25 Jul 2001 09:23:10 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <010724180012.ZM16829@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <m3puaqt4dr.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <010724180012.ZM16829@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: flognat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
/ "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Jul 24, 11:16pm, Andrew Markebo wrote:
| > I have one quick question.. It is speaking of completion and
| > expansion.. differences..
| > I suppose expansion is the one to use
| They're each for a different purpose.
Hmm ok, then.. time to reformulate the question.. I want to configure
what TAB does :-) I assume that is Completion then.
The main confusion was when quickly (yeah I know, I should take my
time..) reading through chapter 6 of the zshguide "Completion and
| > setopt glob bareglobqual nullglob rcexpandparam extendedglob unset
| > unsetopt markdirs globsubst shwordsplit shglob ksharrays cshnullglob
| > unsetopt allexport
| > Should I use these, or do something with completion, compinstall?
| Where did you find those three (un)setopt commands, and why do you think
| you need them?
Just an example from my side, sort of "is it these I should poke
on?" (from the zsh users guide) or are they replaced by
"zstyle ':completion:*' completer _list ..."
or do they work together? If I have got stuff right, the zstyle
| Yes, you probably should run compinstall to set up the completion system
| for yourself for the first time. It will create appropriate zstyles for
| you and add them to your initialization files.
So basically.. remove all my options for completion, run compinstall
and live happily for the rest of the time :-)?
Thank you !
Messages sorted by: