Re: Completion or.. expansion..

/ "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Jul 24, 11:16pm, Andrew Markebo wrote:
| >
| > I have one quick question.. It is speaking of completion and
| > expansion.. differences..
| >
| > I suppose expansion is the one to use
|
| They're each for a different purpose.

Hmm ok, then.. time to reformulate the question.. I want to configure
what TAB does :-) I assume that is Completion then.

The main confusion was when quickly (yeah I know, I should take my
time..) reading through chapter 6 of the zshguide "Completion and
expansion",

| > setopt glob bareglobqual nullglob rcexpandparam extendedglob unset
| >   unsetopt markdirs globsubst shwordsplit shglob ksharrays cshnullglob
| >   unsetopt allexport
| >
| > Should I use these, or do something with completion, compinstall?
|
| Where did you find those three (un)setopt commands, and why do you think
| you need them?

Just an example from my side, sort of "is it these I should poke
on?" (from the zsh users guide) or are they replaced by
        "zstyle ':completion:*' completer _list ..."
or do they work together? If I have got stuff right, the zstyle
replaces them?

| Yes, you probably should run compinstall to set up the completion system
| for yourself for the first time.  It will create appropriate zstyles for
| you and add them to your initialization files.

So basically.. remove all my options for completion, run compinstall
and live happily for the rest of the time :-)?

Thank you !

        /Andy