FPATH being reset after .zshenv

Hi,

I would like to enable a number of my local functions for autoloading in
all instances of zsh - interactive or otherwise.

To do this I have modified fpath and registered functions for autoloading
in the .zshenv file, which as I understand it is the only one it will
always execute.

Unfortunately it seems that zsh resets the fpath after executing this file
(it is empty while running the file). It does however, remember the
autoload commands, which obviously then become useless.

Why does it behave this way round? Is there anything I can do to get the
effect I want?

Cheers,

Martin.

This e-mail message is CONFIDENTIAL and may contain legally privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not  read,
copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information in this e-mail.
Please also telephone or fax us immediately and delete the message from
your system.  E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception
and unauthorised amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such
corruption, interception or amendment or the consequences thereof.