compctl whitespace changes

I just moved my private box from zsh-3.0.8 to zsh-4.0.2.

I have a function which takes the name of a mailbox as a parameter and
starts mutt appropriately, and starts mutt in turn if more than one
parameter is passed.

This:
 compctl -g '~/Mail/Lists/*(D.:t)' lmutt
is what I've been using.

Because I used to use 3.1.x I remembered -W, so this:
 compctl -f -W ~/Mail/Lists lmutt
works just fine.

However, I was pushed into making the change because whereas before a
space would be appended to successful solutions, with zsh 4 this is no
longer the case.  The cursor is left immediately at the end of the
completed word.

Is this deliberate?  How do I override it if there are other instances
where it bites me and there's not a quick fix like this?

Or should I just be moving to the compsys stuff?

Thanks,
--
Occam's Razor-Slashed Wrists: The simplest possible solution to your problem
might just make you wish you were dead, so eliminate the possibility of