Re: globbing

Will Yardley wrote:

> in zsh, it'll split out the whole list unless i put the slash after the
> asterisk, which can get pretty messy

> glob_complete is almost what i want, only ideally i'd like it to not display
> the entire array.

Have you tried the _match completer? If you don't want the entire array
displayed, what do you want displayed?

> i think the second question has been brought up before, but is there a way to
> do:
> % cd /usr/l<tab>bin
> and have that complete to /usr/local/bin as in bash (without putting a space
> after /usr?

The _prefix completer is probably what you want then. It ignores the
suffix. It seems to work in the same way as bash to me. So try:
    zstyle ':completion:*::::' completer _match _prefix _complete
making sure you leave the completeinword option set.

Oliver

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp