Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: error on TTY read: no such file or directory
- X-seq: zsh-users 4219
- From: lordzork@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: error on TTY read: no such file or directory
- Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:49:04 -0400
- In-reply-to: <001f01c13abb$6997dca0$21c9ca95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: lordzork@xxxxxxxxxxxx, zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: lordzork industries
- References: <20010910200737.A6256@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <001f01c13abb$6997dca0$21c9ca95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: lordzork@xxxxxxxxxxxx
In the gothic chambers of the underworld on Tue 11 Sep 2001 at 08:15 -0400,
Borsenkow Andrej muttered darkly:
> To all - PLEASE, indicate at least
> - your Zsh version
> - your operating system
> - for Linux - distribution, and/or glibc version. Most people tend to
> name kernel version but it hardly matters (in most cases).
> - anything else you deem approrpiate
linux kernel 2.4.7
i don't use a pre-packaged distro, so i suppose you can consider the
system to be generic gnu/linux.
> I had similar problem under Mandrake cooker with specific version of
> util-linux. The way login tried to "free" controlling terminal resulted
> in process having *no* controlling terminal. Ash did not care, bash
> tried to explicitly reopen stdin, zsh had problems. It looked different,
> but may be it is attributed to different zsh version (I do not remember
> what version I had at this time).
i use the login from the shadow package, so util-linux isn't the
problem. also, i have three other boxes with the exact config listed
above, and they work fine with zsh.
also, as i said, this problem happens *only* when i login as root, and
then only from a tty.
> Please, login on other console and check zsh processes if they have
> controlling tty.
4.0k -rw-rw-r-- 1 zork zork 17 Apr 4 17:38 .signature
Messages sorted by: