Re: compctl -g not working

On Oct 2, 11:18pm, Sweth Chandramouli wrote:
} Subject: Re: compctl -g not working
} On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 08:16:05PM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:
} > Sweth Chandramouli <svc@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
} > > compctl -g 'RCS/*(:t:s/\,v//)' co
} >                          ^-- remove this backslash
} 	Doesn't help.  Checking a little more, I see that none
} of my -g completions work, but if I change them all to use -s (which is
} a superset of -g), they all work fine.  Is there some way I might have
} inadvertently disabled glob completion?

Glob completion shouldn't have anything to do with it.

This is with `zsh -f':

zagzig% echo $ZSH_VERSION
4.0.1
zagzig% mkdir RCS; touch RCS/{foo,bar},v
zagzig% compctl -g 'RCS/*(:t:s/\,v//)' co
zagzig% co <TAB>
bar,v   foo,v
zagzig% compctl -g 'RCS/*(:t:s/,v//)' co
zagzig% co <TAB>
bar   foo
zagzig% compctl -s 'RCS/*(:t:s/\,v//)' co
zagzig% co <TAB>
bar   foo

So you're going to have to give us some more clues.